Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Teaser Tuesday

Here's a teaser from Kaydence's story. Enjoy!
"Nah, I don't regret our time away from each other," Blue says without a hint of regret in his voice. "I think we both needed that time away from each other to focus on ourselves. I only regret not finding you six months sooner so I could've been there for you through everything with your mom."
I can't believe he just admitted that to me. And although Jared had been there with me through it all, a little part of me wishes it had been Blue, too. "That's okay," I tell him. "Jared's been great through all of this."
"You call leaving you alone to deal with the aftermath of your mother's death great?"
His tone is so abrasive I'm almost offended. "Blue, he has other responsibilities, other obligations. Besides, I'm a big girl I can take care of myself."
"Trust me, I know you can take care of yourself, but this isn't about that. You lost your mom. The one person that's been everything to you, and if he really cared about you, he would understand that you really need him right now. When you love someone, I mean really love someone, their needs take precedence over everything." He reaches for my hand and presses it over his heart so that I feel his heartbeat. "That person that you care about becomes your main responsibility, your main obligation. If it were me, I would've stayed and wouldn't have thought twice about it. My parents be damned. They'd just have to understand."

0 comments :

Post a Comment