Saturday, March 29, 2014

Before I wrote NPLH...

I had written maybe five or six other books. Each of them I can see me publishing someday, like Soundless. I started writing it last summer, and finished it right before Christmas--right before I started NPLH. I remember the day I typed the first words: "So, there really is no hope for me at all." Before I started it, I had written a very, very personal story that is untitled, but I was emotionally spent after I wrote it. I turned to my boyfriend, and I was like, "Marcus, I'm ready to write another story." And he goes, "Britt, really, do you ever take a break?" I didn't answer that because he already knew the answer, which of course is no. But anyway, he suggested that I write about someone with a disability, like either someone who was going blind or deaf and is learning to adjust. SO...I chose to write about someone who is going deaf. It is a truly heart-wrenching story, but it's hopeful and of course there is a HEA because that is a requirement for me. It was very personal because before my mother passed away, she went blind, and I witnessed how difficult it was to adjust sometimes, but she was amazingly resilient, and that's something I wanted for my character. I can't wait to share that story with you all. I'm aiming to publish it in May or June, but it has to be edited, and I can't really say how long that process will take but I'm really excited to release it and share it with everyone! -B.

0 comments :

Post a Comment