Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Question....

I want to know what people think about his/her books. You know the one that's told from the female perspective first and then retold from the male perspective.

As a reader, I'm not a fan. As I writer, I think they can be great if done right. I have a companion novel to No Place Like Home set to release this summer told from Jake's POV. I initially wrote scenes from his POV while writing NPLH with the intention of giving him a few chapters in the book, but I really wanted it to be Jules's story so I decided against it, but the alternate scenes did help me shape Jake's character.

For me, it was important to do this because Jake has his own story to tell. He of course had his own struggles to overcome, and I think it's important to address since things that happened in his life, like his father passing away and his break up with Ashley, weren't really explored in NPLH.

To be perfectly honest, I like his story better than Jules's and Jake actually has a lot to say. I can't wait to share it with the world...

0 comments :

Post a Comment